Date: October 10, 2012

 

Attendance

Board Members

Present: Jim McCann, Jason Hicks, David Decker, Gary Kluckman & Michael Parker.

††††††††††† Excused: Joe Nicoloff and Don Austin

Quorum Present: Yes

 

Others Present

††††††††††† Holishor Members Present 4

††††††††††† Glenn Dalton and Michelle Smith from Holishor Office

 

Proceedings

Meeting called to order at 7:30 PM

Pledge of Allegiance Recited

 

Minutes of September 12, 2012

David Decker motions to approve, Michael Parker seconds.

Action: Motion carries.

 

Minutes of September 26, 2012

David Decker motions to approve, Gary Kluckman seconds.

Action: Motion carries.

 

Bills & Salaries

Jason Hicks motions to approve, Michael Parker seconds.

Action: Motion carries.

 

Profit Loss Budget

Action: Informational Only.

 

Transfers of Property for August 2, 2012

Two transfers and two initiation fees.

Action: Informational Only.

 

Managerís Report

Read by Glenn Dalton

Jason Hicks: Asks Glenn Dalton if they are borrowing a trailer or buying it.

Glenn Dalton: States they are testing one and they may move forward with the purchase if it works the way they hope.

 

Security Report

Read by Glenn Dalton

Total incidents reported was 16. Total written citations was 5. Incidents were animals 2, vehicles 3, property 2, persons 2, Sheriff assists 1, incidents on the lake 3 and other 3.

Jim McCann: States he would like to see more detailed reports when a citation is issued.

 

Treasury Report for June 26, 2012

David Decker motions to approve, Michael Parker seconds.

Action: Motion carries.

 

Old Business

 

Covenant Voting

1127 Votes cast, 622 by ballot and 505 by proxy. Total votes out there 1795.

 

Deck

Glenn Dalton: States the old plan measured 30x45 inches and the new proposal is 22x45 inches and the max height will be 4 foot 6 2/3 inches. They will use treated lumber which they will stain most likely next fall along with upper deck of ballroom. It will follow the lay of the sidewalk. They are ready to pour the footers and are awaiting board approval. Hopes to have the wood portion done by Thanksgiving and pavers in the spring. Looking for volunteers to help build it.

Jim McCann: Asks Pam Maibaum to help get the word out about volunteers via her Facebook page and for Glenn to coordinate dates and times with her.

David Decker: States another call for pavers may help offset the cost more. Asks if they have the funds to build the current size as laid out now.

Glenn Dalton: Yes.

David Decker motions to approve, Michael Parker seconds.

Ray Garber 1822: Asks why donít they wait until spring to build it.

Glenn Dalton: This way it will be ready to use in the spring.

Gary Kluckman: Will we be able to add pavers after everything is done?

Glenn Dalton: Yes. We can add pavers. States that they will be only able to add so many though.

Action: Motion carries.

 

Summary Lake Activity

Glenn Dalton: States there were 51 citations this year and 62 in 2011. Feels the no wake status of the lake is a consideration in that and the major issue this year was passenger seating.

Jim McCann: Wants the Public Safety Committee to put together articles to for proper boating safety, regulations, fines and penalties for publication.

Action: Informational Only.

 

Marina Cable Rule

(Proposed)

Marina and Boat Launching Ramp

The marina is located on the west side of the lake. It is a private concession. Boat slips, gas, boat repairs and other marine facilities are available to the property owners at a nominal fee. (Contact the marina operator for information.)

 

The boat launching ramp is for the convenience of the property owners and is located at the marina. Entry into Holiday Lake will be restricted to members in good standing only.A cable and lock will be placed across the ramp, and keys will be available at the Association office for a nominal fee .Property owners may launch their boats from this ramp at no charge, but the marina operator may charge for parking cars and/or boats in their parking lot.Failure to replace the locked cable across the ramp will be treated as an A Level Offense.††††††

Ref:††† Board of Directors Meeting, 1-31-01

 

Action: Vote at next meeting.

 

Bylaw Change Quarterly Review of Budget

(Proposed)

A.The Board of Directors shall prepare an annual budget to be presented to the membership at the annual meeting. Annual assessments shall be charged to each membership of the Association. In the event a member owns more than one improved property, which is occupied, whether the same is rented, occupied rent-free, such member shall pay an annual assessment for each such improved lot. Ownership of two or more vacant and unimproved lots shall not increase the number of annual assessments owed by the member. Annual assessments due from tenant members shall be the joint responsibility of the tenant-member and owner-member of such rental property and in the event of nonpayment by the tenant member, the same may be collected from the owning member by the Association in the same manner as collection of annual assessments generally. In the event that an annual budget is not adopted at an annual meeting, a special meeting shall be called, and a revised budget shall be submitted to the members for approval. The budget shall be mailed to all members with the call letter for the meeting. Approval of the budget by a majority of the memberships present and voting on this issue at the annual or special meeting shall set the annual assessment amount for that budget year. (5-21-88, 5-20-06, 5-21-11)

 

B. At least three months before the end of the fiscal year the Board of Directors shall adjust the budget to reflect the actual cash received.The Board of Directors shall review the budget on a quarterly basis, whereupon they may approve adjustments to reflect actual income and expenses. The Board of Directors shall not permit deficit spending except in an emergency. (5-21-88, 5-21-11, 5-18-13)

 

C. The Board of Directors may also adjust the member-approved budget for the following year based on unforeseen financial considerations associated with the current fiscal year and/or economic conditions.Any such change shall not authorize an increase in annual member assessments for that period. (5-18-13)

 

Action: None taken.

 

Bylaw Change Unkempt Property

(Proposed)

O. Derelict Vehicles and Unkempt Property:

Neither homeowners nor tenants shall cause or permit anything that detracts from the general appearance of the community.Holishor Association, Inc. shall have the authority to impose penalties on members who are in violation of the following prohibited practices:

 

††††† 1.†† The keeping of derelict vehicles in view of other members and the general public. Derelict vehicles shall be defined as any means of conveyance or transportthat do not bear a current set of license plates, as required by Illinois law; or are not in such condition that they may be legally operated on public streets or waterways.

 

 

††††† 2.†† The keeping of an unkempt or unsightly property or neglecting to maintain oneís property.Unkempt or unsightly properties shall be those lots whereby goods or materials of any kind are stored or are allowed to collect in view of other members and the general public in such a manner as to appear uncared-for, cluttered or messy. Goods and materials shall include, but are not limited to, trash, yard waste, firewood,inoperable vehicles, or parts thereof,and building materials.Unsightly properties may also include those with overgrown/neglected landscaping or those with structures that have fallen into a state of disrepair beyond what is consistent with the building and architectural requirements (Ref. Holishor Association Building & Architectural Requirements; Home and Lot Maintenance and Appearance) or other community instruments.

 

Landscaping, gardens, and any other ornamental devices shall be in good taste so as not to be offensive to the community in general.The aggregate of these structures shall not exceed 35% of the total space in which they are placed.

 

Penalties may be imposed in accordance with ARTICLE IX of the bylaws. A copy of this bylaw shall be given to all members of the Association. (5-21-94, 5-18-13)

 

Jim McCann: States that this will take time and a lot of discussion, changes and tweaking. It will be voted on by the membership at the next annual meeting.

Action: To be discussed at next meeting.

 

Slow Moving Vehicle Rule

Jim McCann: Asks the board if they want to move forward with this rule. Based on prior discussions and existing state laws, do we as a board want to move forward with this rule?Discussion ensues.Most of the board likes the idea of a rule, but are not in favor of including ATVs.The issue is tabled until a full board is present for a straw vote.

 

New Business

 

IALC Meeting

Jim McCann: States the meeting was hosted here this month and discussions included CICAA and how other associations got their covenants passed and broadening the scope of IALC to include golf communities.

David Decker: Thanks Jim for all his hard work with the Golf Tournament.

Jim McCann: Thanks all the volunteers who contributed and the office staff. States Jason Hicks and Gary Kluckman will the event next year and congratulates them.

 

Open Floor

Gerry Theodor 1346: Could anything be gained if we required permits for storing items on their property other than small quantities or small items for 6 months or more? Wants to know if that would help with the unkempt property bylaw. Is there anything in there about storing items on the road easement?

Ray Garber 1822: Feels that maybe dividing things into groups such as, things that grow, things with wheels, dog houses, fences, retaining walls and smaller, loose items might help. Thinks Public Safety may drop SMV rule altogether or just ATV part of it. Suggests Public Safety provide safety awareness when people pick up their boat stickers. Thinks maybe top 10 things Public Safety are going to be looking for would be a good idea. Asks about missing privacy signs.

Jim McCann: Suggests that information be in conjunction with Glenn and ready before boat stickers are passed out.

Glenn Dalton: States that he just bought new red and white signs.

Jeanie Votruba 493: Thinks that ATVís, like PWCís, are a bad idea to allow out here.

 

Jim McCann entertains a motion to adjourn to executive session, David Decker moves, and Gary Kluckman seconds.

Meeting Adjourns at 9:30 p.m.

Meeting minutes submitted by Joe Nicoloff.†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††